Our 25-yard, 8-lane lap pool, maintained at 80 degrees, has lanes specifically available for lap swimming throughout most of the day. The lap pool is also used for swim lessons, Steamboat Springs Swim Team, school groups, Aqua Fitness, the Wibit (summer), kayak sessions, scuba training, and masters swim. Click here to view facility hours and see below for the lap pool schedule.
Lap Swimming Etiquette
Old Town Hot Springs patrons are blessed with an open swim schedule designed to provide lap swimmers with lanes whenever feasible throughout the day. However, when a lot of lap swimmers are present at the same time, or when lap swimming is scheduled alongside another activity, safely sharing the lanes is important. For everyone’s enjoyment and safety please be sure to:
- Check the lap swimming schedule before coming to swim. You can find the schedule at oldtownhotsprings.org and at the Front Desk.
- If lanes have other swimmers in them, choose a lane that aligns with your skill level.
- Politely make other swimmers aware of your presence before beginning to swim.
- If you are sharing the lane with one other person, please split the lane on each side of the black line.
- If sharing the lane with two or more people, please swim in a counterclockwise direction, allowing other swimmers to pass in the middle.
In order to accommodate the number of swimmers, sharing of the lap lanes is requested, and sometimes required. Thank you for your cooperation, and continue to enjoy the wonderful lap pool!
Lap Pool Schedule for Open Swim
We update the lap pool schedule weekly and for special schedule changes.
WINTER SCHEDULE – November to April – The lap pool will close at 8 PM for winter pool covering starting November 16th.
SUMMER SCHEDULE – April to November – The lap pool closes at 9:45 PM on weekdays and 8:45 PM on weekends April – November.