Reports to: Facilities Director
Old Town Hot Springs is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team for our opening shift (5 am – 2 pm) Monday through Friday. The Maintenance Technician assists the Facilities Director in ensuring that our members and guests have an exceptional experience here at Old Town Hot Springs. This position will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all areas of the facility, as well as making sure that we maintain a safe and clean environment for everyone. All activities performed will be in support of the Mission Statement and Goals of Old Town Hot Springs.
Essential Job Functions –
- Basic Carpentry, Painting, and Drywall Repair
- HVAC troubleshooting
- Repair of Fitness Equipment
- Alarm Panel response
- Coordinate outside service work
- Maintain mechanical systems
- Handle various chemicals safely
- Monitor and adjust pool chemistry, and maintain pool equipment
- Maintain water flow for pool temperatures
- Inspect and repair water slides
- Operate pool vacuums
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of pools, decks, and related equipment
- Supervise annual pool cleaning projects
- Ensuring all areas are safe and clean
- Snow removal
- Concrete repair
- Help with special events
- Respond to emergencies
- Will share on-call duty for after hour emergency response
- Help cover shifts for fellow employees
Position Requirements –
- Be proficient with all common hand tools.
- 3-5 years’ experience in maintenance related field.
- Have a general understanding of basic building systems, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, door and window hardware, and related mechanical controls.
- Have a high level of situational awareness, especially in regards to safe working practices.
- Self- motivated, with the ability to trouble shoot and recommend course of action as required.
- Able to display a calm and helpful attitude while dealing with members, quests, and fellow staff.
- Able to work various schedules as needed, including opening and closing times, and weekends.
- Have reliable transportation for all seasons.
- Able to supervise general labor employees.
- Ability to coordinate the work of outside vendors.
- Able to attain a professional pool certification (CPO or AFO).
- Able to attain life Guard Certification.
Pay and Benefits –
- Wage determined by background and experience
- Small group Health/Dental for self with 70% of premium paid
- SIMPLE retirement plan match is 3% of salary contributed
- HSA available
- PTO – 10 days first two years
- Family membership, discounts and other in-facility benefits
Old Town Hot Springs is hiring American Red Cross certified Lifeguards for all days and shifts to keep our spas, Hot Pool, Lap Pool and Water Slide safe. It is never too early to apply for a summer position.
Benefits of employment include:
- Monthly scheduling
- Flexible scheduling (many of our Lifeguards work on the mountain as well)
- Facility Membership
Current American Red Cross Life guarding and CPRO certification preferred but re-certifications can be provided for select candidates at no cost.
Please stop in to fill out an application or correspond with Aquatics Director, Rebecca Mabius
If you are interested in employment or trade/volunteer work at Old Town Hot Springs please contact Kelly McCreary, Human Resources Manager via email, or call her at 970-457-1197.