Position Overview: As a member of the Old Town Hot Springs leadership team, the Facilities Director drives a high performance culture that develops, empowers and recognizes great employees who deliver exceptional service as well as a clean and safe operational facility to members and guests. Scope of work includes, but is not limited to: maintenance of all buildings, pools and grounds; managing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies; ensuring cleaning schedules; determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections; creating and maintaining a budget for the department, negotiating with vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures; overseeing maintenance workers and custodial staff; long range planning for repairs and improvements; researching and implementing sustainability projects. Though guided by the Executive Director, the Facilities Director is expected to be self-motivated, self-reliant, organized and able to handle concurrent projects and assignments.
• Analytical skills – evaluate information and make decisions based on needs and budget concerns; proactive planning.
• Communication – must possess excellent inter-personal and motivational skills to maintain an open and respectful relationship with supervisors, staff and patrons.
• Attention to detail – have the ability to assure cleaning, repair, upkeep and safety standards are maintained; quality control; efficiencies.
• Leadership skills – have the ability to motivate and coordinate employees, mitigate disciplinary issues and create a strong team.
• Extensive experience in management, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and pool systems.
• Certifications: Aquatic Facility Operator, Certified Pool Operator, Class D Wastewater Operator.
• Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
• 5 years of experience in facility management.
• 5 years of experience managing a team of at least 20
• College degree in related fields: business management, engineering, construction management.
Essential Job Functions:
Areas of responsibility for repair and cleaning:
• All buildings
• All pools
• Decks, yards, parking lots
• Assistant Facilities Director
- Hire, train and supervise Assistant Facilities Director to coordinate day to day tasks and staff.
- Oversee Assistant Facilities Director to ensure success and maximum efficiency and results.
• Maintenance techs
- Report directly to Assistant Facilities Director to ensure all staff is qualified and supported.
- Work with Assistant to hire and supervise qualified Head Housekeeper position, as well as all supporting cleaning staff.
• Budget for repairs and payroll
• Computerized and paper manuals:
- Create and maintain for all areas of the facility: buildings, pools, grounds and all equipment.
• Preventive maintenance schedules
• Asset management system – create and maintain.
• Sustainability – study and recommend ideas in all areas.
• Inspections and permitting with different agencies.
• Certifications – assure that staff has current and proper certifications.
Facility and Pool Renovations:
• Work with Project Manager, Architect and Contractors as necessary.
• Coordinate in-house staff and contract labor involved in project.
• Ensure smooth operations through construction period.
• Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the OTHS mission and goals.
• Maintain the vested collaborative culture at Old Town Hot Springs.
• Manage and supervise assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources.
• Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans and gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations as it pertains to the entire facility.
• Assist with special events, parties, fundraisers and other projects assigned by the Executive Director.
Salary and Benefits:
• Full time/year-round salaried position(based on experience)
• Small group health/dental for self with 80% of premium paid
• HSA available
• PTO-10 days first 2 years
• Simple IRA plan match if 3% of salary contributed
• Membership, discounts and other in-facility benefits
To apply please email a resume to Executive Director, Stephanie Orozco at email@example.com
Old Town Hot Springs is hiring American Red Cross certified Lifeguards for all days and shifts to keep our spas, Hot Pool, Lap Pool and Water Slide safe. It is never too early to apply for a summer position.
Benefits of employment include:
• Flexible, monthly scheduling
• Facility Membership
Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and CPRO certification preferred but re-certifications can be provided for select candidates at no cost.
Please stop in to fill out an application or correspond with Mark vonSchondorf at: MvonSchondorf@OldTownHotSprings.org
OTHS is seeking swim lesson instructors for the 2017 summer season. The ideal applicant will have excellent teamwork skills and value customer service. Prior experience working with children and knowledge of aquatics is preferred. This is a seasonal, part time job, with flexible hours, and includes a membership for the summer season. All swim instructors must have American Red Cross WSI certification. Please send your resume and any questions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in employment or trade/volunteer work at Old Town Hot Springs please contact Kelly McCreary, Human Resources Manager via email, or call her at 970-457-1197.
OTHS supports Horizons NWC.
Adults enrolled in Horizons’ Residential Services, Supported Living Services, and Day Programs have happily benefitted from the in-kind use of the hot pools. During Day Program hours, a Swim Club visits OTHS. Accompanied by trained counselors, the men and women in Swim Club visit once a week for 90 minutes, walking laps and kick-boarding for exercise. After the workout, they soak and socialize. Swim Club provides the opportunity for conversation about jobs, vacations, and relationships. For some, it’s their only unstructured time.
Horizons’ Maple Street group home also relishes a visit to the pools with staff, peers, and longtime volunteers Bob and Jane Stein. Adults who live independently within the community enjoy dropping in to see people they know—it’s a communal hub reminiscent of the gathering place it used to be.
For the full article open the Horizons Summer Newsletter at: http://horizonsnwc.org/newsletters.html.
Old Town Hot Springs is pleased to announce our 2017 Scholarship Grant Program. We partner with the Department of Human Services to allocate grants for pool admissions, memberships and swim lessons to underprivileged, economically disadvantaged or disabled youth in our community. These funds come from OTHS operating budget and are replenished by our community during the Colorado Gives Campaign in December each year.
You can make a difference in our community by donating to our Scholarship Fund. Your generous donations provide immediate funds to keep this program active for another year.
By Daphne Butas - Personal Trainer
Lifting Weights Does Not Mean Bulking Up:
“I don’t want to get bulky,” or “I don’t have time to workout” are both common excuses for avoiding weight training, but did you also know that there are numerous benefits to weight training?
And with the vast selection of ways to weight train available in Steamboat Springs, (Personal Trainers, Barre, Yoga Sculpt, Group Exercise Classes, CrossFit, Resistance Bands, etc.), it is clear that you don’t want to wait to weight train.
According to Ronnie Goff, Principal of Awaken Health and Fitness, a wellness expert, ACSM Health Fitness Specialist and Yoga teacher of 25 years, research points to a variety of benefits to weight training, including:
Read More by clicking the title link.