Youth Triathlon Club 2017
This 7-week club is a fun opportunity to learn and train in all the skills you need to participate in a triathlon, the fastest growing sport in the country! All experience levels including beginners and new this year for returning triathletes we will have a 2nd tier group.
WHO: Youth ages 8 – 14
- Two trainings per week starting June 14th – July 26th
- Every Monday and Wednesday from 10AM – 12:00PM
- Fun Triathlon Event at 10:00am on Wednesday, July 27th at OTHS
- USA Triathlon Certified Youth Coach Joy Rasmussen to head up program along with a minimum of 4 youth coaches
- Registration begins April 1, 2016
- 30-minute Meeting followed by swim skill placement on one of the following dates:
- Thursday, May 9th at 6:15PM at OTHS
- Thursday, May 11th at 6:15PM at OTHS
- (Please arrive both days by 5:30 pm for early registration and swim placements. Come prepared with suit, towel and goggles.
- Bring swimsuit, goggles and towel and expect to be in the water 30 minutes
- Program begins Wednesday, June 14th
- Maximum of 38 participants. We will accept participants on a first come, first serve basis with payment guaranteeing a spot in the program.
Mandatory Parents Meeting: Wednesday, June 7 at 5 pm at Old Town Hot Springs for all registrants. Bring completed Athlete questionnaire, proof of USAT annual membership and coach introduction to take place
- All training to take place at the pool, Yampa Core Trail and High School track and field location
- Transitions to take place at local soccer fields and High School via Spring Creek trail
- Learn and train in swimming, biking, running and transitions
- Safety in all 3 sports: swimming open water training in a pool setting, beginner swim proficiency and advanced stroke techniques, bike care and handling, riding in a pack, race techniques, running on trails and track practice, sportsmanlike conduct
- Kids will interact to meet new friends and help each other succeed in a goal oriented setting
- Have fun!
- It’s affordable!
- Club focus is on participation and fitness – NOT forced competition or long endurance.Youth triathlon encourages setting goals and achieving them for the duration of the program.
COST – Choose from 2 options:
*$175.00 for Members / $225.00 for Guests includes:
- USA Triathlon Certified, Water Safety Instructor and USAT All American Joy Rasmussen to lead 4 other OTHS approved coaches
- Maximum participants 30 new and returning kids
- Team uniform – All participants will receive team triathlon uniforms to swim, bike and run in along with swim caps, hoodie and speed laces
- *Youth must purchase annual membership to USA Triathlon (additional $10, must show proof of membership prior to Wednesday, June 8th)
- 4th of July parade participation as the official OTHS Youth Tri Team
- Volunteer at Steamboat Lake Sprint July 17th as the official OTHS Youth Tri Team
- Water bottle
- Bike (mountain or road), helmet, water bottle cage
- Running shoes
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
- Marietta Roberts, Fitness Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-1828
- Joy Rasmussen, Certified USA Triathlon Coach by email at Joy@ColoradoTriathlonCoach.com or call 970-846-8678
REGISTRATION: Register online today at www.oldtownhotsprings.org/members. Please then come to the front desk to pick up an information packet to complete registration.