January 12th to March 11th, 2017
STOP SAYING "I WISH" AND START SAYING "I WILL"
This 8 week challenge will include new exercise routines, plus how to create healthy habits, how to choose the right foods and how to excel in your fitness goals for 2017!
- Registration opens December 15th at the Front Desk.
- Members $50
- Attend orientation meeting January 12th from 5:30pm to 7:00pm or January 14th from 9:00am to 10:30am.
- Track your activities and Points accumulate for fitness classes, personal training, orientation class, massage, lap pool and cardio equipment usage.
- Prizes for weight loss, body fat loss, daily & weekly challenges and class participation.
WAYS TO WIN
- Prizes based on Total Points accumulated.
- You track and report your points throughout the week.
- Qualifying activities include any fitness class, personal training class, orientation class, massage, lap pool or use of cardio equipment.
- Prizes for weight loss, body fat loss, daily and weekly challenges and class participation.
- 20% off 5 session package with participating Personal Trainers.
- Once a week free 15-20 minute consultations with our participating Personal Trainers.
- Bonuses for completion of Daily & Weekly Challenges.
POINTS EARNED CHART
Fitness Orientation with Personal Trainer = 20
Points Weigh-In = Each time is 10 Points
Massage at OTHS = 1 Hour is 15 Points
Group Fitness Class = Each Class is 15 Points
Group Aqua Fitness Class = Each Class is 15 Points
Cardio Equipment = Each 30 minutes is 5 Points
Swim in Lap Pool = Each 30 minutes is 5 Points
Workout with Personal Trainer = Each session 10 Points
Bring a guest to the Gym, Spin, Yoga, Swim, Fitness = 10 Points
Convert a non-member to an Annual Member = 75 Points
PRIZES will include 30 minutes personal training gift card, grocery gift cards, one month memberships, Smartwool and Honeystinger products!
QUESTIONS? Contact Marietta Roberts, Fitness Director at 970.457.1204
OTHS supports Horizons NWC.
Adults enrolled in Horizons’ Residential Services, Supported Living Services, and Day Programs have happily benefitted from the in-kind use of the hot pools. During Day Program hours, a Swim Club visits OTHS. Accompanied by trained counselors, the men and women in Swim Club visit once a week for 90 minutes, walking laps and kick-boarding for exercise. After the workout, they soak and socialize. Swim Club provides the opportunity for conversation about jobs, vacations, and relationships. For some, it’s their only unstructured time.
Horizons’ Maple Street group home also relishes a visit to the pools with staff, peers, and longtime volunteers Bob and Jane Stein. Adults who live independently within the community enjoy dropping in to see people they know—it’s a communal hub reminiscent of the gathering place it used to be.
For the full article open the Horizons Summer Newsletter at: http://horizonsnwc.org/newsletters.html.
Old Town Hot Springs is pleased to announce our 2017 Scholarship Grant Program. We partner with the Department of Human Services to allocate grants for pool admissions, memberships and swim lessons to underprivileged, economically disadvantaged or disabled youth in our community. These funds come from OTHS operating budget and are replenished by our community during the Colorado Gives Campaign in December each year.
You can make a difference in our community by donating to our Scholarship Fund. Your generous donations provide immediate funds to keep this program active for another year.
By Daphne Butas - Personal Trainer
Lifting Weights Does Not Mean Bulking Up:
“I don’t want to get bulky,” or “I don’t have time to workout” are both common excuses for avoiding weight training, but did you also know that there are numerous benefits to weight training?
And with the vast selection of ways to weight train available in Steamboat Springs, (Personal Trainers, Barre, Yoga Sculpt, Group Exercise Classes, CrossFit, Resistance Bands, etc.), it is clear that you don’t want to wait to weight train.
According to Ronnie Goff, Principal of Awaken Health and Fitness, a wellness expert, ACSM Health Fitness Specialist and Yoga teacher of 25 years, research points to a variety of benefits to weight training, including:
Read More by clicking the title link.